- Clock should be set to 7-minute intervals counting UP! Please do not set a running clock up to 21-minutes.
- Athletes should be able to look at the clock after their 3 sets each round and know exactly what their score is.
- Score is slowest round of the three rounds.
- Weights should be singles on the squat cleans. No problem if athletes power clean then ride each rep into a squat clean.
- Toes-to-bar should be three sets or fewer.
- Stimulus: sub 3:30/each round (1:10/set). Athletes will rest in whatever time they have remaining before the next round.
STIMULUS and GOALS
How to Pace: STEADY pacing will be the smart approach for this workout. With a strong emphasis on grip and multiple rounds/sets, we definitely don’t want to be pushed to our limits early on.
How it should Feel: GRIPPY with a CARDIO kick to it. Reps and weight are not crazy high, so this will make for a fun, non-stop effort through the multiple sets.
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
Toes to Bar: Looking ahead at the cleans where singles will be the definite choice, we would love to see unbroken or, at the very least, two quick sets.
Squat Cleans: Weight is moderately heavy (around 70%) and should most definitely be performed in singles. Try to keep a consistent pace and not over rest between lifts.