You made it through another week of quarantine. That’s worth celebrating! After a relaxing weekend, it’s time to get back to work.
You have a lot going on and information is flying at you from all channels. To help you establish and maintain healthy habits during this pandemic, we created a handful of resources to help you not just survive, but thrive during COVID. Here’s what our team at RxFIT has done this week to help you:
- We transitioned all athletes to Online Coaching using a messaging platform called Slack. Every athlete has been assigned a coach. Each morning, you will receive a message from a coach who will give you a workout and deliver coaches notes customized to your needs based on past injuries, equipment available, and your goals. Your coach will then follow-up with you every evening on how the workout went, along with your nutrition, sleep, mindset, and connection. If you haven’t been contacted yet, please email Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We started a Members-Only Facebook page to give you a safe place to ask questions, find answers, and give and receive support. If you are an active member of the RxFIT family, but aren’t a member of the Facebook group, request to join here.
- We began writing a blog every morning that we publish here. This is designed to provide you with actionable invitations to benefit your health and habits. Additionally, it is an attempt to connect the RxFIT community while everyone is in quarantine.
- We published three new episodes to “The Faces of RxFIT” podcast. Tune in here for our favorite episode this week where I sat down with Nutrition Scientist, Dr. Jeffery Tessem. In this 50 minute, detailed interview, Dr. Tessem explains the body’s response to, the short- and long-term effects of, and which athletes would benefit most from the following diets: Keto, Intermittent Fasting, Vegan/Vegetarian, and Cheat Meals. We will continue to publish three episodes per week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the COVID pandemic.
- We filmed and published 25 instructional videos on our YouTube channel that cover over 50 different movements. These were made to help you understand and perform the correct points of performance as you workout from home.
- We loaned out dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, medicine balls, and other pieces of equipment to RxFIT athletes. We will continue to hold these week-long loans (free of charge) every Tuesday evening from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. We ask that you return and swap out your pieces of equipment every week so all athletes can vary their workouts.
- We personally delivered over 75 t-shirts to different homes this week as our new apparel came in. If you didn’t receive your order, please contact Mark: email@example.com.
There’s more to come this week. Tell your coach your struggles and recommend ideas on what would be helpful. We’ll listen and implement those ideas that will benefit our community.
As a wrap-up, I’m looking forward to tackling another week. I personally appreciate your loyalty during these tough times and I commit myself and my team to giving you our very best.